Sunday, July 19, 2020

John Lewis - 07/19



John Lewis
1940 - 2020

An Obituary

Like most of the readers of this blog, I grew up during the civil rights movement in the early '60s.  I had a limited idea and few opinions about what was going on in the Deep South and big cities like Detroit, D.C, and L.A.   The Watts riots occurred in 1965 while I was in basic training at Ft. Ord, CA.  I grew up in ex-pat neighborhoods in SE Asia until almost junior high school age.   We lived in the "burbs" of San Francisco and Los Angeles during junior high and high school so I had no concept of what people like John Lewis were going through.  This obituary tells a story about a great man.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 115 welcomes your comment. TAL is an apolitical organization. Comments of a political nature may be removed.