Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Lehigh Trail - 08/11


Lehigh Rail Trail
Closed for Maintenance Until
Friday August 14, 2020

This popular, well-used park is managed by Flagler County.  I ride it nearly every day and yesterday I was met by "Trail Closed" signs at the Old Kings Rd entrance.  I road to the Belle Terre Pkwy entrance by way of US 100 and was met by similar signs.  The entire trail is closed from US 1 to Colbert Ln.  This is a beautifully maintained trail patrolled by FCSO COP volunteers.  Although the website says it is nearly 8 miles my MapMyRide.com app has it as 6.9 miles.

If you are interested in joining me for a ride anytime, contact me at 516-509-7520 or FlaglerPost115@gmail.com.  My wife does not ride and I would enjoy your company.  I am a pokey rider at about 10 mph so no fears there!  I usually am on the trail by 8AM and it would take about an hour ten minutes both ways.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 115 welcomes your comment. TAL is an apolitical organization. Comments of a political nature may be removed.